Monday, September 13, 2010

New Bern 2010


This is the weekend when Dave rides his bike in New Bern in the MS150 bike ride to raise money for multiple sclerosis. We stayed in condos across the river from New Bern. This is sunset over Broad Creek. It was a beautiful evening with a coolnes in the air and low humidity.

New Bern is celebrating its 300th birthday 1710-2010. There were decorated bears all over the place to help celebrate this. 50 bears in all. Ben, Joey and I were on a bear hunt to find these bears. We maybe found half of them. On Saturday, Ben and I walked around for an hour or so to see how many we could find in the downtown area. On Sunday, we had Joey with us and we were driving so I would stop the van and Joey would jump out and take a photo and jump back in. Joey was fine with this and Ben was keeping track of the bears we saw. I love my kids!
Our friend, Brian, helped us with this bear hunt also.

On Saturday, it was September 11, so all the bike riders and everyone else who was there sang the National Anthem. It was very moving. We will not forget 9/11/2001.

Oh yes, we were there for a bike ride so here is Dave at the starting line with some of his team mates from the MSing Links. Dave rode 100 miles on Saturday.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment