Sunday, August 26, 2012

My Fairy garden





I have started a new hobby - a fairy garden. I think of it as an outside dollhouse, incorporating plants and miniature things.
There are wonderful examples all over the internet but the fairy garden craze has not come to Cary, NC as far as I know.
I had a good place to start a fairy garden; a low pot that already had some established plants in it plus an empty spot where a plant had died.
I have a bit of moss and a chair for the fairies to sit. Two turtles in a pond to keep them company. I also made a pennant out of wallpaper scraps which I hope will hold up in the rain. Pennants are very "in" right now in the human world so perhaps the fairies will like them also. Ben made this chair for me from glue, twigs and a bit of paper. I love it - thanks Ben!

No comments:

Post a Comment