
The carpet in our bedrooms and the bonus room is the original carpet from when we bought our house 18 years ago. It has been through 3 dogs and 2 growing boys and was showing its age. I knew replacing the carpet would be a big project so it took me about 2 years to get myself ready to do it. The bonus room needed to be painted so that would be the first phase. If you are not familiar with a bonus room - it is the room above our garage, bigger than a bedroom and I guess it supposed to replace a basement rec. room. Our bonus room is multi-purpose: computer room/office, craft room, Lego room and guest room - sometimes all at the same time.
So, it took me a long time to decide on a paint color. I had paint chips taped to the wall for at least a month. i decided on gray - it has a fancier name but in reality it is gray.
First step, take all the stuff out of the room except for the furniture. Since, I knew new carpet was in the future this meant taking everything downstairs to the dining room. I realized I have alot of stuff. Most of it was my craft stuff and 3 book cases of books.

Here is the first set of stuff in the dining room.

Here is the bonus room painted and mostly empty.
Again it took a while to decide on carpet but when the installation date was set, it was time to move stuff out of our bedrooms, too. This is our living room and dining room. Can you see Ben? We had to set up the computer in the living room.

Finally,walls are painted and carpet is installed. The carpet is a gray berber. Time move everything back upstairs and reorganize. Most of the stuff is put away just need to hang stuff on the walls. I know still looks junky - still working on it. Glad this is done and we won't have to do it again for a long time.
No comments:
Post a Comment