Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Gingerbread Event Dec. 2013

 My friend, Kathy and I attended the Gingerbread House Event held at the Umstead Hotel. Gingerbread houses made by local chefs were on display and we could walk around and look at them. They were amazing. Hard to imagine the creativity and patience that it took to make these houses.
This first one is a hot air balloon. Some people did not like the displays that were not traditional houses  as much but this one was pretty cool.











I like the gingerbread shoe house. How did they get the gingerbread to be round like a shoe? and the laces are licorice.
















































 I liked this house with the minions ( from the movie Despicable Me) all over the house. The minions were made of twinkies.















This last house was a bird house and it was beautiful. There was a good variety of gingerbread creations.Very impressive!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment