Sunday, April 18, 2010

Vegetable Garden April


Hopefully, this will be the start of a series of photos chronicling my vegetable garden. This doesn't look like anything right now but wait a few weeks. In the foreground is lettuce and spinach which is ready to be cut. There are tomatoes, peppers and squash plants also. I put grass clippings down as mulch so that is all you can see plus I have weeds already. The weather has been a bit shocking for the plants. I planted them last Sat. which was not a hot day but it was very warm in my backyard where these tender plants were trying to survive being transplanted. Then it was hot (80's) and it looks like some the leaves got burned from the sun. Then it was cold down in the 40's at night so these little plants have been through it this week. The cukes which are in the back under the trellis did not make it; well, one plant out of four survived so I planted one more. We have had alot of sun but not much rain so I have been watering from my rain barrel but now that is empty. Hopefully, rain will come this week.
Laurie
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment