
Friends,
Here's an updated photo of my vegetable garden.
I told you it would start to look like something.
I planted 3 more cucumber plants and so far so good with them. We could use some rain.
On Saturday, Ben and I picked strawberries at Holland's farm. When we moved here oh so many years ago I did not know we were moving in the middle of so many pick your own strawberry farms. It is definitely a plus and I go about every week for a month or so for strawberries. Last Sat. was a good day, the plants were so full and the strawberries were big and I don't think it was even 10 minutes before we had a bucket full. The plants are in black plastic and the rows in between are covered with straw so you don't even get dirty.
I made a strawberry cake on Sat. afternoon. I sorta made up the cake. I used the Cake Mix Doctor's recipes ,of course, as I often do. I made a yellow sour cream cake in 2 layers which is very good. Then I made cream cheese frosting. I sliced the strawberries and laid them on the frosting in between the layers and on top. Should have taken a photo as it looked pretty and was delicious, too.
In the evening, Joey and I attended a Jazz concert at his school. It was very good.
No comments:
Post a Comment